As you know this first side project was meant to help gage interest in this type of challenge between contests. The reaction ended up being lukewarm. The challenge was issued Dec. 5th & the deadline was Jan. 15th. We ended up getting enough people to take up the 7 colors of the rainbow, but the album isn't yet finished. 4 people finished by the LP, but 4 have not finished yet. I'm in no hurry to get those songs (it's not a contest), and I know life happens. From what I've heard, I think most of the people plan on finishing their songs in the near future. I do hope the album gets finished at some point, so I have e-mailed all the people who signed up, and asked for updates. If for whatever reason they don't think they will be able to finish, I want to know so I can allow someone else to fill in. (if anyone wants to)
This first project is a color themed album. The object is to have a song for every color in the rainbow. The song doesn't have to be about the color itself, but the color needs to be an important theme in the song. "The Lady In Red" by Chris de Burgh wouldn't be a terrible example, but something like "Blue" by Eiffel 65 would be better. I know 7 songs about a color would get dull, so that's why it's open to be about blue eyes, green grass, yellow blogs (kidding :p ), and other things as long as color remains a strong theme in the song.
This project is open to anyone, but there are a limited number of people I can use. So it is first come, first serve. First person to e-mail me a request to write about a color from the list below...gets that color. (my e-mail is posted below) If someone has taken the color you want...tough cookies. I will not be posting multiple songs for 1 color. So don't write a song for a color that's been taken, and then expect me to accept it. If you are awarded a color, and you do not provide the song within 2 months of requesting it, I'm going to open that color up for someone else to request. You will no longer have dibs on that song.
When someone has been issued a color, I'll place their name next to the color they are responsible for. That way people know what is available & who is doing what.
Red - JoAnn Abbott "Seeing Red"
Blue - Denise Hudson "Blue"
Indigo - Duality "Indigo"
I'll open up a few other colors. I still don't want to let people just pick ANYTHING, so below are your NEW options.
Gray - Emperor Gum "Grey"
I _____________ give Travis Langworthy permission to upload any music I submit to his first SpinTunes side project onto his blog (Spintown) & bandcamp. I realize it will become part of an album consisting of numerous other artists, and that it will be available for anyone to download for free. I also promise to give my very best effort to complete the task I'm taking on. Providing a NEW song (with lyrics) that has not been released before in any form. I also agree that if anything goes wrong it's still Heather's fault.Submitting Songs:
- Send your file in a format that Bandcamp accepts. (.aiff, .wav or .flac) (at least 16-bit/44.1kHz) You can find the specific requirements for Bandcamp files HERE.
- Name your file the song's title, but without spaces & punctuation.
- Include the song lyrics in the body of the e-mail. (If your song doesn't have lyrics...go back and fix it.)
- Include information on anyone that needs credited if you collabed with someone.
- File sharing options if you need them: YouSendIt, RapidShare, ZShare & MediaFire. Please send an e-mail as I already stated, but with the download link if you need one of these services. Please follow directions so your file doesn't wind up in my spam or trash folder accidentally.
- If you have a BandCamp account, you can just send me a link to your song on BandCamp if you include all the info I mentioned above. Make sure you have it set as a free download, and have it set so that I don't have to put in an e-mail to download it if you pick this option.