.

Time until sign-ups begin:

Saturday, June 25, 2011

SpinTunes #3 Round 1 Review: Dante Cimadamore

Dante ran out of time before he could finish ranking the songs. His letter grades can give you an idea of where you would have placed, but since he didn't finish the rankings Dante's reviews will not be factored into the outcome of this round. They are simply here to give you another perspective on your song.

I invited Dante to be a guest judge because he is from outside of our little circle of friends, and I enjoy his work on YouTube. You can find out more about Dante by visiting his YouTube Channel & he's also on Twitter.


Governing Dynamics - A- - I like prod, voice, and the chorus (lyrically) is universally applicable. Clever. Enjoyed.

Gold Lion - C - Song lacked creativity and solid rhythm. Loved voice.

Dr. Lindyke - B - Great piano work... voice... style is something I enjoy. Could have tightened up rhythm section entrance.

Alexa Polasky - A- - Great style, voice... etc.

The Offhand Band - B- - I appreciate what they're doing. Good organ work.

Matt Walton - C+ - Yea ukulele! Could have taken more time to tune it though. Rhythm goes off. Lyrics need a bit more creativity.

Brian Daniell - A- - This track is alive. I love live recordings. Is a happy song about death.

Byron Blocker & The Offbeats - A- - Great style, voice... etc.

Edric Haleen - A - Style makes me giggle, but what a stage voice. Lyrics and everything. wonderful.

Charlie McCarron - A - Great guitar work. Love lyrics and voice.

Spencer Sokol - B - He's gotta be more confident when he hits those notes. Music/lyrics could use more creativity.

Luke Brekke, Esquire - B - Made me chuckle.

"Buckethat" Bobby Matheson - B+ - I like the voice and style from the top. I like his perspective. :)

Alex Carpenter - B - HOLY MASTERING/COMPRESSION! Could use more guitars at second verse for this kind of production... and cymbals. Has a lot more potential for the kind of song it is. Needs more guitars.

Inverse T. Clown - B - Great voice/harmonies. Made me chuckle. I enjoy the ELO/Supertramp style.

Jutze - B+ - Clever. I enjoy the production.

Godz Poodlz - B - Good production/songwriting.

Tally Deushane - A- - I want to put her in my pocket. Enjoy voice and melody. I like the chorus a lot.

Ethan Ivey - B - Yea live piano! More confidence when singing!

Matt And Donna - B+ - This reminds me a bit of Ethan Ivey haha. "I kissed a drunk girl" Great production, voice(s).

Ross Durand - B+- Yeehaw! Great songwriting. Although I'd argue that heaven has taxes they're most likely paying a crew to keep it running and functional and beautiful. That money should come from the people who get to go. Sorry, Ross.

Menage a Tune - B- - Nice voice. Was a bit too "bad commercial" for me.

Glen Raphael - C+ - Cool production/arrangement. But a solid foundation of chord function was a little too slippery for me. The harmonies didn't solidify any chord ideas. Not very lyrical.

Doom SKITTLE - Not feeling it from the top.

Wait What - C+ - What's up karaoke? Makin me laugh. A little too self aware of the task at hand.

Steve Durand - B+ - I like style at top. I like the message. Well done.

Jason Morris - B - Whats up late 90s? Lighthouse, etc. Didn't seem to fit death motif though.

Caleb Hines - B - I laughed when chorus hit. Good chorus/lyrics/arrangement.

Bryce Jensen - C+ - Too self aware of task at hand.

Pat And Gweebol - A- - Like vocal stylings... and both voices.

Boffo Yux Dudes - B+ - I enjoy the style. Fuck'all!

Young Stroke aka Young Muscle - B- - my oh my mastering. Raps are a bit too statement like. Could use a more lyrical element. Still clever though.

Chris Cogott - A- - Enjoy this production/ chord progression/ etc. Well done.

Happi - B- - Very distinct guitar tone/mic placement. Gandalf! Interesting mesh of sounds. a little out of rhythm though.

Emperor Gum - B+ - Cool sounds. Harry Nilsson-esque. I enjoy.

Jon Eric - B+ - Cool song. Interesting take on task.

Hudson And Day - C+ - Room noises! (I love room noises). The arrangement idea is a bit scattered though. Didn't need as many voices as it has. Cluttered.

Mick Bordet - B - Interesting perspective on task. Death as the meat you're eating and being happy about it. Clever.

Noah McLauglin - B- - Rhythm is off at top. Did not appreciate rhythm change. Sucks that you're towards the end of a 45 song list.

David Ritter - B+ - Good song structure and arrangement. I enjoy.

Heather Miller - C - If you're gonna do a song like this you have to own it. And mean it. I don't believe a word you're saying.

Anna P - meh.

Donutworthy - C+ - Cool up until the vocals. Too much delay for me.

Green Mama Bathsalts - Too much chorus. Too much chorus. Cheesifies everything.

Common Lisp - Rhythms are off on snare. Bumming me out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand what you mean by "bad commercial", could you explain it a little so I can avoid it in the future?

    ReplyDelete