John Hancock Time - Write a song where the choruses are a different time signature than the verses. (2 minute minimum) (your submission is due July 12th 11:59PM EST M)
When sending your entry in please specify what time signatures you used & where. Placing notes in the lyrics would probably be easiest.
- Must be submitted by the given deadline. Otherwise it'll be posted as a shadow.
- Song must be sent in MP3 format. If possible send it in a format that Bandcamp excepts as well. (.aiff, .wav or .flac) If you don't, I'll convert it for upload onto Bandcamp myself. Don't complain if my converter sucks & your music suffers though. If you decide to send in that second file, you can find the specific requirements for Bandcamp files HERE.
- Name the MP3 the song's title, but without spaces & punctuation.
- Title of the e-mail should be the title of the Challenge & your band's name.
- Include the song lyrics in the body of the e-mail. (If your song doesn't have lyrics...consider yourself eliminated. Instrumentals can be pretty, but SpinTunes does require lyrics.)
- Include information on anyone that needs credited if you collabed with someone.
- File sharing options if you need them: ZShare, MediaFire, RapidShare & YouSendIt. Please send an e-mail as I already stated, but with the download link if you need one of these services. Please follow directions so your file doesn't wind up in my spam or trash folder accidentally.
Short Term Schedule: (I'm using EST)
July 12th 11:59PM (M) - Second deadline.
July 13th 8:00PM (T) - Listening party will be held HERE, and hosted by Jules.
July 14th (W) - Songs are uploaded by Heather & me onto the blog & BandCamp.
*During this gap:
- judges will rank the songs
- judges will review the songs
- eliminations will be announced*