Even if you are eliminated this round (only top 2 move on), the rankings in this round can have very important implications for round 4. Just in case you missed it before, this quote is right from the rules page:
If 1 of the 2 competitors fail to enter a song, a shadow song from someone who competed in the 3rd round will be judged & have a chance at victory. If there are multiple shadow songs, the person who had the most points in round 3 gets the opportunity.The final challenge will be fairly difficult, and if one of the two finalist fail to enter a song, this round will help determine who's first in line to take the place of a finalist if they bail. So if you rank 3rd or 4th in this round, you should have a lot of motivation to shadow the final round.
- Entries must be received by the given deadline. Otherwise it'll be posted as a shadow. Received means that it has to appear in my e-mail inbox by the given deadline. I will be going by the time stamp on the e-mail in my inbox.
- Song must be sent in MP3 format. If possible send it in a format that Bandcamp excepts as well. (.aiff, .wav or .flac) If you don't, I'll convert it for upload onto Bandcamp myself. Don't complain if my converter sucks & your music suffers though. If you decide to send in that second file, you can find the specific requirements for Bandcamp files HERE.
- Name the MP3 the song's title, but without spaces & punctuation.
- Title of the e-mail should be the title of the Challenge & your band's name.
- Include the song lyrics in the body of the e-mail. (If your song doesn't have lyrics...consider yourself eliminated. Instrumentals can be pretty, but SpinTunes does require lyrics.)
- Include information on anyone that needs credited if you collabed with someone.
- File sharing options if you need them: ZShare, MediaFire, RapidShare & YouSendIt. Please send an e-mail as I already stated, but with the download link if you need one of these services. Please follow directions so your file doesn't wind up in my spam or trash folder accidentally.
Short Term Schedule: (I'm using EST)
July 26th 11:59PM (M) - Third deadline.
July 27th 8:00PM (T) - Listening party will be held HERE, and hosted by Jules.
July 28th (W) - Songs are uploaded by Heather & me onto the blog & BandCamp.
*During this gap:
- judges will rank the songs
- judges will review the songs
- eliminations will be announced*