.

Time until sign-ups begin:

Monday, August 16, 2010

SpinTunes #1 Round 4 Review: Heather Zink

Kevin Savino-Riker – “Lovers, Fighters, Survivors”
This was a really great idea. I really liked the music, however, I wish that the story telling wouldn’t have been a speaking voice. But, it was a very charming song and interesting. The only other thing I didn’t really like about it was the repeating of “This is my family tree” at the end of the song, it seemed a little out of place, it felt a little out of the soft personal bubble that the rest of the song had. But, really nice job.

Ross Durand – “That Sweet Smile”
I was really pleased with this entry as well, it was a clever idea to have the guy traveling because he’s on the run. The two things that put this song in second for me were, one, that I’m not too sure that the ethnic styles/sounds were very different from one another (the Mexican one was fine, but I don’t think the other two really distinguished enough). Second, is that out of the three styles, the only one that lasted thirty seconds was the Mexican section. The others were 10 seconds or so too short. But, besides that, I really think you did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment