For now you should know:
- There are 4 official entries on the album & 7 shadows. (unless more come in)
- I think I responded to all e-mails (eventually).
- The listening party will be hosted by Tom on U-stream tonight. It's at 8PM.
- There has been a new rule added to SpinTunes. Since I didn't post about it before this round, it will take affect starting in SpinTunes 9:
"Banned Individuals: If someone is banned from SpinTunes it means they are banned from competing, shadowing, judging, & all the social parts of SpinTunes I administrate. They are also not allowed to collaborate on songs. Anyone collaborating with a banned individual will be DQ'ed from the round & their song will not be played at the LP or put on the album."
- As a lot of you know, Bandcamp only allows 200 free downloads a month. Recently we went OVER that limit (which is cool), and it's at least the 2nd time that has happened. The more people that hear your work the better, but there are some down sides to hitting our limit. The first is I had to pay $20 to get 1,000 more free downloads. Not really a big deal. The second is that Bandcamp automatically sets ALL the albums to sell at $7, and ALL the individual songs to sell at $1 as soon as we hit our limit. That is a big deal.
When it happened I tweeted about it on Twitter & asked people NOT to download songs until I could fix it. It's not hard to fix, but it is a little time consuming. I have to click on each album, and then each individual song & then set them all back to free. We've got A LOT of songs in our library now...so it takes awhile.
It was getting pretty late when I was resetting the prices this last time, and I had to work the next morning. So I stopped after getting halfway done. With an extremely busy weekend I forgot about fixing the last half of the library. Thankfully someone noticed the issue & pointed it out to me. So I went back & finished resetting them all. I then checked the stats on the Bandcamp account to see if anyone purchased a song in this time frame. There was 1. The song "Mount Holly" by Austin Criswell was bought by someone. So I contacted Austin, and sent him the $1 via PayPal.
I have no desire to try to profit from the songs you guys produce, so I'd REALLY appreciate it if you guys let me know about these issues as soon as you see them. With all the songs in our library it's possible I could have missed 1. If you notice, just e-mail me & it'll be fixed. If anyone is ever curious about the stats on my account (downloads/purchases) they can also just ask me. If they want to see the stats for themselves for some reason, I can organize a G+ chat & make that happen. I know Tom has access to the Bandcamp page as well, and maybe even Dave. I'm definitely not looking to keep people in the dark about stuff like that & want to be open as possible...within reason. (don't ask me every single week how many times your song was played. :p )
Listening Party Location: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spintunes
Deadline Eliminations: N/A (YAY)
Remember...there can only be 1 winner...and the competitors of SpinTunes 8 will be the ones to decide who that will be.